Covid-19 Insurer Update for XL Insurance Company SE (AxaXL) – Property Owners (IPOA Scheme) – Policyholders with policy number prefix – BS0432-POI-xxxx ‘via S.A. Faughnan (Brokers) Ltd.’
Businesses and Property Owners are now facing unprecedented challenges posed by measures to counter Coronavirus (Covid-19) as many premises are temporarily closed due to public health quarantines.
It is our intention for situations where insured buildings are temporarily closed solely due to the Covid-19 outbreak, that any Unoccupied Building Conditions in your AxaXL policy(ies) will not apply and no additional premium or amended terms will apply until 31st May 2020. If Covid-19 related restrictions on normal activity are still in force as we approach 31st May 2020 date, AxaXL will review the position and update our guidance accordingly. Your policy still maintains its original renewal date.
These guidelines would not, and do not, extend to any premises unoccupied before the Covid-19 outbreak (i.e. before the date of Public Health Shutdowns) nor where premises become permanently vacant. In these circumstances, please contact us in line with the existing policy terms and conditions. In addition, this guidance does not override any other policy conditions. – see below for further comments.
In the event that premises do become temporarily vacated (due solely to Covid-19), there is currently no requirement to contact us up and until the end date of this temporary continuance of cover i.e. 31st May 2020, after which AxaXL will review the position and update accordingly and release further guidance through us. Best practice guidance is set out below, but only apply in so far as and within the restrictions as set out in the Irish Public Health shutdown;
- Site / Premises Security – check perimeter fences and gates and all external doors to the premises are in good state of repair and operational
- External Lighting – check lighting and any associated movement sensors are operational
- Building Physical Security – check window and door locks plus any security shutters are operational. The use of external key safes should not be used
- Access Control (where applicable) – check to ensure operational and maintained
- CCTV (where applicable) – check to ensure operational and maintained including recording and any remote monitoring
- Intruder Alarm (where applicable) – check to ensure fully operational and maintained including offsite remote monitoring. Reduction in Garda response or keyholder availability to be advised to us
- Where possible maintain core maintenance & repair staff that could respond to an emergency
- Automatic Fire Alarm – check to ensure the system is fully operational and maintained including offsite remote monitoring (where applicable)
- Fire Doors – ensure all internal fire doors and shutters are closed. Where large car parks are vulnerable to incursion and potential fly-tipping, additional denial of access security measures should be considered
- Inspections where possible (and only within the Public Health Shutdown restrictions including the 5km essential travel restriction) should be made for a weekly internal and external site / premises inspection with guidance sought as to whether this can be supported whilst adhering to social distancing
- Waste – internal and external waste to be removed from site / premises and external storage located a minimum of 10m from the building (where possible)
- Utilities (electrical, water, heating) – where practical, shutdown and isolate / drain any nonessential utility services that are not required for operational reasons, maintaining minimum temperatures to prevent freezing or power circuits for security / protection
- Try to eliminate all controllable sources of ignition such as hot work or smoking
Please do read and understand the above which are best practice guidelines only. Full cover continues to operate for your rental property in the meantime during this temporary unoccupied period until 31st May 2020 when it will be reviewed again by Insurers (AxaXL) and we will again issue our advices to you.
WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
S.A. Faughnan (Brokers) Ltd. continue to operate as normal (albeit remotely as the office is closed) and you can contact us as usual on 01 8245555 or by email during office hours 9am-5pm Monday – Friday. We continue to quote for all new business enquiries as normal and in fact we have introduced even more efficiencies in getting quotes turned around very quickly. If you have any other rental / investment property or liability insurance risks which we do not currently hold for you, please do give us a shot at them, we are competitive most of the time. It won’t cost you to try us and you’ll find us extremely detailed and professional in an effort to ensure that the cover we recommend is the most suitable for your circumstances.
We use ONLY A-Rated Insurers who are in the market for the longer term. We do NOT use un-rated or far away regulated Insurers, many of whom have left the market already or will in the short-medium term, just when you need a stable insurer. You can send us GET A QUOTE enquiry via the following links, and remember to say you are an existing client Click Here for Property Owners or Click here for Liability and we’ll be back to you asap…