IPOA has been busy over the summer months taking every opportunity possible to represent our members and the wider community of Residential Landlords.
The recent Daft Rental Report shows that rental inflation has fallen to a six-year low. It also highlighted that the amount of available rental accommodation is disturbingly low at 2,700 units available for rent on 1st May, the lowest ever recorded.
The RTB Annual Report for 2018 issued recently shows a loss of 12,474 private rental tenancies between 2016 and 2018. In 2012, there were 212,000 landlords in the sector compared to 173,197 in 2018.
Rent Pressure Zones are a blunt instrument and do not take into account the level of rent being charged or the indebtedness of a landlord, making it uneconomical for some landlords to continue renting property.
Legislation is complex and ever changing.
Our message is simple! To stop the private rental market shrinking rather than expanding, the State needs to protect the existing supply of accommodation as well as incentivise further investment in the sector.
Some pieces that might interest you:
- Sean O’Rourke Show – July 2019
- Leitrim Observer – August 2019
- The Journal – August 2019
- RTE -August 2019
- Irish Times – August 2019
Margaret McCormick, IPOA Information Officer also featured on the below:
- LMFM Radio (Michael Reade Show) – 3rd July 2019 (listen at 1hr)
- Radio Kerry (Jerry O’Sullivan) – 20th August 2019
- LMFM Radio (Michael Reade Show) – 21st August 2019 (listen 19min 20sec)
IPOA also featured on:
- RTE News – 2nd July 2019
- Limerick Today Show Live 95 – 4th July 2019
- Tipperary Radio (Joe Purcell) 15th August 2019
- Midwest Radio (Michael McAndrew) – August 2019
- Pat Kenny Show – 21st August 2019