Prior to viewings:
- No person to attend a viewing if they are displaying Covid-19 symptoms, self-isolating or returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Pre-booked private viewings only.
- Suggest time restrictions on appointments.
- All relevant information issued in advance (brochures etc.)
- Confirm whether potential tenant is cocooning or in an at-risk category and if so, identify any additional precautionary measures that may be required.
- No additional persons to be in the property at the time of viewing.
- All contact points in the property should be sanitised after/between viewings (e.g. door handles, light switches etc.).
- Place official Covid-19 signage at locations throughout the property to act as a useful reminder to viewers to follow the HSE rules.
- Ensure hand sanitising facility at the entry point of the property for viewings.
- Secure in the open position all doors to avoid viewers touching handles.
- Open some windows to ventilate the property.
- Turn on lights; and open all storage units. It is recommended that these remain in an open position to avoid contact with viewers.
- Viewers to remain a reasonable distance from the property (e.g. remain in car) until given permission to enter.
- Greet viewer outside the property, at 2 metre spacing markers.
- No shaking hands or personal contact.
- Viewer is given access to the property and instructed to use hand sanitiser upon entry.
- Toilets are not for public use.
- For vacant property, particularly smaller units, agents/landlords may decide to wait at the entrance to allow viewers to walk around.
- For occupied units, agents/landlords may decide to remain in the property whilst observing physical distancing (2 metre rule).
- Deal with answering questions outside the dwelling, whilst observing 2 metre distance.
- Sanitise all contact points.
- Viewer to be diverted to email/phone/video if they have extensive questions.
- In agreeing to rent the property, contract signing must be completed with physical distancing taking place.
- Payment by debit/credit card EFT are encouraged.
Please be advised that the PSRA together with leading representative organisations have published a ‘Joint Sector Protocol for Property Services Providers’ safety document, the aim of which is to facilitate the safe reopening of the property market in Phase 2 (8th June).
For Further information click HERE for full document.