Budget 2021 had some details around Housing in general but disappointingly nothing specific to the private rental sector other than additional funding for the RTB and for Local Authority inspections.
- €3.3 billion spend in housing – 24% increase on 2020
- Increase funding to €21 million for the Residential Tenancies Board and Local Authority rental inspections and to implement reforms for the short-term letting sector
- 12,750 new homes will be added to the available supply of social housing through build, acquisition and long-term leasing
- Support for local authorities and Approved Housing Bodies to deliver 9,500 new build homes in 2021.
- Range of affordability measures including €110 million for a new Affordable Purchase Shared Equity Scheme for first time buyers and a new cost rental model
- €218 million (€166 million in budget 2020) to ensure those experiencing homelessness are supported and helped to exit homelessness.
- €65 million for energy efficiency improvements to social housing homes
- €60 million to adapt the homes of people with a disability
- €150 million for the Urban Regeneration and Development Fund (URDF)
- Help-to-Buy Scheme for first time buyers has been extended to the end of 2021
More details on the budget can be accessed Here.